Monday, January 11, 2010

birds in the bush and tunnels

One thing I have noticed about city dog life is that you have to take your pleasures when they come, sometimes in very small doses. For example, at dinner time tonight Clara took Buster K. for his walk. They planned to pick up my husband from his train stop as a surprise. When they returned I heard the highlights.

1. They ran in to Buster K's mysterious 'girlfriend' who I have yet to meet. A QT of the same age and similar mixed heritage.
2. They played in that snowhill with the tunnel some kids made by the church. What dog can resist a tunnel? Maybe a scaredy one?
3. They walked by the little thorn bush full of tiny birds again. And again the puppy snuck up on them with his heart full of joy. Again they flew off in mild disbelief and making cute peeping sounds. Clara and I both like the way his face looks when he is anticipating a pleasure. Very concentrated and hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment